expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Currently:)

I love linking up with Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade every month for her currently.  It is so much fun to read what is on everyone's minds at the moment.  I also love to connect with my blogging buddies and meet some new ones each month:)  


Listening:  This is so sad that this is the third time I have attempted to watch Grey's Anatomy from Thursday.  I either am working, blogging, or fall asleep while watching TV now.  It is bad I tell ya!  Where have the days gone when I just used to sit, watch a show, and do nothing else (except have a snack!).

Loving:  I have taken some time today to search for products and have added lots of things to my wish list.  There will be some tough decisions when I decide which items I can't live without for the sales at TPT and TN!

Thinking:  I went to my mom's today and came home stuffed!  We had homemade minestrone soup for lunch and ham, mashed potatoes, beans, brussels sprouts, yams, cake, and ice cream for dinner.  Then we are going to a Superbowl party tomorrow and I cannot stay away from food!  I will have gained at least 5 lbs. (that I definitely don't need) by Monday for sure.  Oh well, the alternative is passing up all the good eats and that just does not appeal to me:)

Wanting:  I never seem to get caught up with my grading.  Even on the weekend, there is always that one assignment that I am dreading grading and before I know it, I am into next week with all new sets of papers coming in each day.  So, when I do get to that one set I have been dreaded grading, there are many more papers waiting.  Story of my lifeeeee...

Needing:  We found out on Wednesday that our 5 year old daughter needs to have her tonsils and adenoids out.  On a size scale of 0-4, her tonsils are a size 4+.  So, I played phone tag with the scheduling office on Thursday and Friday.  It is not easy to get hold of teachers during the day and whenever I call, it goes straight to voicemail.  Of course, when I get home, the office is closed.  I want to have her scheduled during my two week spring break and then I won't have to worry about taking off time.  It is a good thing that we did not plan to go anywhere on vacation!  

Pet Peeves:  I am so with Farley on the lying one.  Lying in general is a huge pet peeve.  I am a brutally honest person which is probably annoying to other people.  
I just tell it how it is.  
Be straight up.  
Students lying to me is especially frustrating.  
Don't they realize that telling the truth is so much easier??
Laziness...really gets on my nerves.  
Students being lazy is really annoying and the ones that do it are usually repeat (daily) offenders. ugh! 
I have also had a problem recently accepting colleagues who always seem to leave right after school is out and never have a bag filled with school work with them.  
Ok, maybe they are not being lazy but are somehow super productive and have found some magic potion that I have not yet discovered.  
Although, it is not just that...others that don't meet for department meetings or submit paperwork for meetings....and I could go on and on.  
I don't like thinking about my pet peeves really because it makes feel bitter.  
Hmmm....I need a happy thought now.  
I got it...all the FOOD I will be eating tomorrow!  Haha!

Also, don't forget to enter my giveaway for the Quietest Pencil Sharpener and one item from my TPT/TN store!  
The giveaway ends on 2/7/13.

I am off to check out some other Currentlys! Yay!

9 comments:

  1. Awww, your poor baby having to have surgery! :O(
    I had my tonsils out when I was really young. I hope it works out that she can wait until spring break. That's nice that you get 2 weeks!

    Let me know if you saw anything really amazing on TPT. I haven't had a chance to shop! :O(

    I am with you on the tv. My husband will turn a show on I want to watch but I'll be busy doing work and look up and I have no idea what's going on. Ugh. I can't multi-task like I used to!

    Have fun tomorrow!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..the grading. It seems as though we never get caught up. I put a lot of pressure on myself to return papers the next day for "almost" instant feedback. That means I feel like I'm constantly grading!

    And I know what you mean about other teachers who take NOTHING home. How do they do that?!?!? It drives me nuts. I could count on one hand how many times I year I take nothing home to do or grade-and it's usually at the end of the school year!

    http://themasterteacher10.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE Grey's still!
    Hope everything goes beautifully with your sweetie's surgery!
    :)
    Tamera
    MyHeartBelongsinFirst
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for your little ones surgery. I am with you on the grading. The piles seem to multiply!!

    Brittany
    Stickers and Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot stand laziness either!! And lying of course was one of my pet peeves too!! Your poor baby girl... but I am sure she will be okay with a great mommy like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww...sorry to hear about your daughter needing surgery. Big hugs to you and her.
    Stacy
    Leading and Reading

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck getting ahold of the doctor's office. That is ONE tough thing about being a teacher. Also, thoughts with you and your daughter when she does have them removed. Been there, not fun. I lived on water, jello, popsicles, pudding, and mashed potatoes for a week.

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everything goes well with your daughter's surgery. I also hate when I am on the computer and trying to watch t.v. at the same time - it never works out. I aim for Thursday and Sunday nights as dedicated t.v. nights!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  9. I struggle to keep up with grading also. I hope your daughter heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete