expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Currently:)

I still cannot believe it is December!  It definitely doesn't feel like it since today was 50+ degrees in NY!  Living in an area that receives an average of 200" of snow a year, this weather sure does make the winter (well, fall) really fly by!  It is amazing how much easier your day is when you don't have to worrying about scraping your car, putting snow boots on the kids, and driving in low visibility up a huge hill to work in the morning!  

Anywho...I know many of you do not experience the lovely joys of lake effect snow...This is the December Currently from the wonderful, Farley at Oh' Boy Fourth Grade (LOVE her!).


I really do love this time of the year but the hustle and bustle wears me out!  I always get sick around Christmas (gee, I wonder why?) but I am trying to make a good effort to get things done early and go to bed at a decent hour each night.  

My shopping is just about done and I have checklists for cookies, cards, and present wrapping.  I am not usually so neurotic but there is something to be said for schedules:)  Every year I make about six kinds of cookies and give out tins to all our neighbors and my buddies at work.  Last year I tried making the dough during the week and freezing it.  Then, on the weekends when Christmas was close, I would only have to bake the cookies!  It was SO much easier that way!!  I don't know why I never thought of that before:)

I finally ordered an "Elf on the Shelf" for my kiddos at home.  They are only going to be this little for a short time and I just secretly want to see their little expressions when they see that elf!  hehe:)  

I have thought about introducing the elf to my 4th graders but my group is pretty skeptical this year.  The "desk fairy" appears every so often and they have been relentless in asking questions!  One student came up to me a few weeks ago and said, "The desk fairy needs to come soon!  Hint, hint!"  This boy has a great sense of humor and I couldn't help myself.  I just started cracking up!  At least he said it when not many others were around to hear because there are a few that are believers.  

I am having fun checking out the various Elf on the Shelf linky parties at Run! Miss Nelson's Got the Camera:

and Seusstastic Classroom Inspirations:

Check them out!

3 comments:

  1. Your kids will have so much fun with the Elf!!
    Lake Effect snow? You must be near Rochester or Buffalo. I teach in Syracuse, but grew up in Roch!
    Following you now too :-)
    Colleen
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need a good elf on the shelf linky party! I think I need some new ideas. Thanks for the info!

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the December Currently! There are so many cute ideas for where to hide the elf!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete